Friday, March 6, 2015

March 6 - The Daunting And Awful Tri-fold

       A year ago on the night before EXPO I sat crying in our rocking chair. Do you know why I was crying? Because the tri-fold I had put off for two weeks wasn't done and I couldn't get all the information to fit. In retrospect there probably would have been a more reasonable reaction to this, but for a stressed 12 year old, there wasn't. My mom offered to help and I pushed her away until I broke down crying and she sat down to help anyway. I was a nervous, stressed, broken wreck of a ship that had once been a strong, confident girl.
       Finally my mom told me she had gotten it to fit. Naturally, I didn't believe her. She told me to just come look at it and see if it would work. Now here's the problem: I don't like to have someone be able to solve a problem I can't. By now I've realized that my mom is and always will be that person, but a year ago I didn't want to think that. I looked and, sure enough, she had gotten it to fit. And it looked just fine. I wiped away my tears and began gluing everything down. By the end of the night I had a good looking tri-fold and a freshly mended respect for the work AS kids have to put into their EXPO displays.
       The next night EXPO went well.

After a bit of digging, here it is:

1 comment:

  1. Ah, the memories, not always good, unfortunately. You have a nice mom!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!