Tuesday, March 3, 2015

March 3 - And I Loved It

       We reach our lunch spot and tie the rafts to the trees. We've gone about half way down the stretch of river we're rafting, and the sun is high in the sky by the time we stop. The guides pull out the coolers and get the food set up while the rest of us talk or go to the bathroom in the river. It's a little awkward, but it's the best way to go.
       After lunch we sit for a bit and then the guides tell us we can jump of the cliff into the river. OK, so maybe it's only 12-15 feet and not really a cliff, but it sounds cooler to describe it that way. Everyone is a little wary of trying it, I mean, who wouldn't, you're jumping into a river from a big rock. The first few people go, and gradually we all warm up to the idea and begin chanting people's names. When I finally decide to go I get to the top and look down over the river. It looks higher from up here. I take a few steps for a running start, then throw myself into the air and drop like a rock into the water below. It's the rush of my life. As the water closes above my head all is dark and I think I can feel the bottom hit my feet. My life vest drags me back to the surface and everyone starts yelling at me to swim to the shore. When my feet hit the bank I realize that was the biggest adrenaline rush I've ever had. And I loved it.

1 comment:

  1. Your title was a really good hook and totally made me want to read your post. Your slice was also really good.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!