Friday, March 13, 2015

March 13 - Sleep

       Are you the kind of person that stays up to 2 am on a school night? Yeah, I'm not either, most off the time. Ok, well I don't know that it's ever been 2 am, but maybe midnight sometimes. On an average school night I get roughly 7-8 hours of sleep, which is usually enough. Why, then, do I fall asleep as we drive to school? It's happened before, but today I tell myself I will stay awake for the entire half hour to school. Right now I'm doing pretty well, considering the fact that we've made it about half way. That's about when I start to drift off. My eye lids droop a little, but I force them back open over and over again, trying to focus on the music or what's whizzing past outside the window. It doesn't help. My mind wanders again and I find myself waking up before I realize I'm asleep. This time I wake up because my brother takes a loud slurp of juice. I sit up with a start and look behind me. Next to me my mom laughs a little and tells me it was just Miles taking a drink. I sit back and face the front, unintentionally going back to sleep. The next time my eyes pop open we're pulling into the Logan driveway.

7 comments:

  1. I like how well you captured, falling asleep, and waking up before you knew you were asleep! Nice slice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally could relate to your slice. It was really well written too. Nice slice!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally know that feeling of wanting to stay awake but then falling asleep anyways, you just can't help it. Nice Slice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is me always. I liked the questions in your piece. Nice slice!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like how you captured the feeling of being tired.

    ReplyDelete
  7. It's totally okay to get 9 hours of sleep if that's what you want! :) (speaking from experience..)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!