Wednesday, March 4, 2015

March 4 - Kindred By Octavia E. Butler

       Dana finds herself in 1815, which is definitely not normal. She saves a young boy from drowning, then goes back to 1976. She was in 1815 for at least a few minutes, but only away from her time for 10-15 seconds. How strange. And then it happens again.
       I've thoroughly enjoyed Kindred, though some parts have been intense and sad. It is a book about both slavery and time travel, which is an interesting combination. The author did an excellent job with descriptions, plot, and characters. I am always interested in segregation and racism, so I've especially enjoyed this book.I would definitely recommend Kindred to people in middle school or older who like historical fiction.


1 comment:

  1. So beautifully written, Selah, just enough intriguing information to cause people to want to read the book. This book is good, so glad you're enjoying it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!