Friday, March 20, 2015

March 20 - Welcome, Seattle, To Our Humble City


       When I roll over to look at my clock it reads 9:something or other in bright red numbers. I look again, not caring what exactly the something or other part actually is, but to make sure it says AM. It's not bright enough to be 9 AM. I know that for a fact. By 9 it's usually bright and sunny and disruptive, but today it looks like it could be 7 AM outside. I roll over and go back to sleep.
       By the time I actually get up it's only 10 something, but it still looks the same. I slept in my clothes last night with my hair in a messy ponytail, and as I look in the mirror I immediately regret this decision. My leggings are twisted and I'm swimming in my sweatshirt as I reach up to yank my hair from its chaotic place. By the time I push open my door I've managed to put my hair in a half manageable ponytail and straighten myself out enough to look like I didn't just sleep for over 12 hours. Minus my eyes, which look sunken in and are half closed with sleep. I glance out the window outside my door and realize why it looks like it should be no later than 7. The grey clouds that cover the sky remind my of Seattle, and the foggy feel of my neighborhood reminds me even more. I love this kind of weather. Welcome, Seattle, to our humble city.

2 comments:

Thanks for visiting my blog!