Sunday, March 22, 2015

March 22 - HERE WE COME SUMMER ! !


       Come summer, we like to eat dinner outside. My dad grills salmon or burgers or whatever and we all sit around our patio table and eat. It's nice. Really nice. We have to swat away flies or protect our meat from the wasps, but it's worth it. Speaking of flies, when I was little and my brother was young enough to still need naps, me, my mom, and Miles were outside at the table doing something, when it was time for his nap. My mom went inside to put him to sleep, leaving me outside. I've been told that she heard me screaming or came outside to find me crying or something like that, but apparently there was a fly or two that wouldn't leave me alone. I would swat them away, and they would come back. And I was terrified. And I mean TERRIFIED. I don't remember this, but I've heard the story, and can totally imagine me doing that. Anyway, I still enjoy these summer evening escapes, and look forward to the weather warming up. HERE WE COME SUMMER ! !

1 comment:

  1. I love summer too! It sounds like you and your family have so much fun!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!