Thursday, March 19, 2015

March 19 - Cape Cod



Cape Cod
So many memories
So little time
Like when we went to the beach and weren't allowed to touch the water
Or when we were allowed to touch the water and it stung my legs
Like when we went to the ocean on our first night there
To find snails and get soaked and have to drive back in the dark
Or when we stopped in Chatham
And got Razzles for the first time in forever
And when we got pulled up massive dunes by the people in front of us
And ate cranberries fresh from the bogs
And when we saw humpback whales making bubble rings
And learned about whaling
Or threw gummy lobsters and other candy at our friend's cars
In hopes of making it in the window before the light turned green
Back when there wasn't as much chaos and confusion
Back when everything was simpler and change wasn't imminent
Back when I didn't know things like what crepuscular means and how to build a geo dome
Those were the good times
The really good times
And I'm glad I was there
With the people I was with
Because if  hadn't been
They would never have had the gummy lobsters to throw
Or the extra person to make the count uneven
And I would never have been there
And that would have been sad
Cape
Cod

3 comments:

  1. I love the "Or threw gummy lobsters and other candy at our friend's cars." Great memories!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You did a really great job describing everything.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved these lines:

    "Back when there wasn't as much chaos and confusion
    Back when everything was simpler and change wasn't imminent
    Back when I didn't know things like what crepuscular means and how to build a geo dome"

    Wow!

    Hopefully you'll find more opportunities in your life to be this carefree again.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!