Wednesday, March 25, 2015

March 25 - The Maze Runner By James Dashner

       Last week I finished The Nine Lives of Chloe King and begun The Maze Runner. The end of The Nine Lives of Chloe King had a slightly unsatisfying ending, though most threads were tied up and the characters seemed okay. Many people died that I didn't expect to die, which was annoying. I would still recommend this book to people my age and older who like fast paced action and a touch of fantasy.
       The beginning of The Maze Runner is gripping and interesting, though a bit confusing. Lots happens in the first 96 pages and new things continue to come up around every corner. Because in the beginning of the book the main character shows up in a new place with no memory of his past everything is confusing. He is being introduced to new creatures, places, and word, which is confusing for the reader because at first we don't know what most of the characters are talking about. So far I'm enjoying The Maze Runner, and would recommend it to people who like The Hunger Games and other dystopian novels.

3 comments:

  1. I read this book last week. It was a really good book. I agree with everything you said.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This sounds like a great book. I liked your review.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've read the Maze runner and I agree with what you said.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!