Sunday, March 6, 2016

March 6 - A Rant

Edouard Manet is arguably the most annoying artist out of every artist ever. He's this super important guy, but I had never heard of him until now, and probably never would have. I'm being forced to take Art History, which is fine, but I really don't like research projects, especially ones that lead to oral presentations. Which this one does. Manet is like Monet, but not as commonly known, and probably more important. Manet was basically the father of impressionism, which, for those of you who don't know, is an art era that lasted from about1865 to about 1885. It was all about painting real lower and middle class people, and using lighter and less brush strokes. It didn't last very long, but was important and lead to paintings like Starry Night by Vincent Van Gogh. Anyway, I have to make a flyer on Edouard Manet and give a presentation on Wednesday, as well as complete a painting with Hailey HH that mixes Manet's and Michaelangelo's artistic styles, which will be really hard. Come to think of it, Michaelangelo is pretty annoying too. Why are all artists so hard to understand? Why is art so hard to paint? Why is this assignment so hard?!

1 comment:

  1. I definitely know the feeling of pestering research projects. I like how you mix facts in with something I don't know that much about to explain it.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!