Monday, March 21, 2016

March 21 - I pick it up, and begin again

When no ideas come,
I don't know what to do.
I'm left with an empty sheet of paper,
and a brain full of the knowledge that I need to begin.
Ideas swirl around,
but dissipate as quickly as they come.
I put my pencil to the paper,
and draw a half circle.
I lift the pencil,
and turn it around.
Drag the eraser over the line,
until it disappears.
I begin again,
put pencil to paper.
This time I draw a line.
When I get to the end,
I lift the pencil,
and erase.
I place the pencil next to the paper,
and breathe a sigh of exasperation.
I pick it up,
and begin again.

3 comments:

  1. Nicely written. I'm assuming that this is your banner? ;) Anyways, thanks for scaring me and nice slice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like that you wrote this in the form of a poem! That sounds frustrating! Nice slice!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!