Monday, March 14, 2016

March 14 - Ruining the Picture

Laying on the ground, wrapped in a blanket, next to people I have grown to care for, looking up at the night sky. That's where I am right now. We dragged a tarp and blanket over so we would have somewhere dry to lay amidst the wet grass. I can see so many stars from out here. They point out Ursa Major, Ursa Minor, Cassiopeia, Orion, and more as I stare out into the vast darkness above me. They tell the stories of how these creatures got to the sky, but that's all they are: stories. It's so beautiful. Looking up at the night sky, next to people I have grown to care for, wrapped in a blanket, laying on the ground. The only problem is, when I turn my head, I can see the lights of Denver glowing up from the earth, ruining the picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog!