Friday, March 4, 2016

March 4 - Excpet for the Goat Heads

Goat heads are a pain. Quite literally. They get everywhere. In your socks, your shoes, your volleyball, your hands. And they hurt. A lot. They have, like, a billion little points that stick in everything. And they're everywhere. Literally. We had to go to Ute Mountain Tribal Park at the last minute when Chaco Canyon closed, and there's this big field full of goat heads. I brought a volleyball cause I thought it would be fun to play in our free time, but it's nearly impossible to play without getting goat heads stuck on the ball every time it touches the ground. I swear when I get home I will find goat heads in my volleyball that just seam to magically appear. They're on everything. Packing the tents will hurt a lot. The bus will probably get a flat tire from all the little holes poked in it. But at least we found some old red hair spray, and I'm folding, like, twenty little paper cranes to give to Brynn. And we can eat wherever we want, and get to look at cool old kivas. So I guess maybe it's not so bad here, except for the goat heads.

1 comment:

  1. I like how descriptive you are about the goat heads. I feel your pain (quite literally, most of the time). Nice slice!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!