Tuesday, April 7, 2015

Room 214 by Helen Frost and The Maze Runner by James Dashner


       Over break I read Room 214 by Helen Frost and finished The Maze Runner by James Dashner. Room 214 is about the lives and interactions of a classroom of students, their teacher, and the school custodian. The story is told in poems written by the characters about the other student and things going on in their lives. Room 214 is an interesting book, and is written in a unique style. Because the poems are written by different people it keeps the story interesting. I would recommend this book to people who enjoy verse novels and quick reads.

       The conclusion to The Maze Runner wasn't satisfying, though it is only the first in the series and the story continues. The book remained interesting and fast paced, and I would still recommend it to people who enjoy dystopian novels and action packed reads. I am currently reading The Scorch Trials, the second book in the series, and am still on the edge of my seat as the action continues.

4 comments:

  1. Room 214 sounds neat! Do we have it in our room or in the library?

    ReplyDelete
  2. I wonder if the next ones in The Maze Runner series will be better. I've only read the first one. I liked Room 214 very much. That poet/author has written quite a few good verse novels. I liked how you reviewed it, Selah.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is interesting review on the Maze runner, I personally think that the movie was good, but I may think twice before reading this. I think that Room 214 sounds like an interesting book. Linda? Could I borrow that book sometime?

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!