Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Ship Breaker By Paolo Bacigalupi

       Inside the crumbling hulls of huge oil tankers there is no making mistakes. No stepping in the wrong spot or cutting the wrong wire. On light crew Nailer is forced to venture into such ships and rescue the copper wire and other valuable materials. Day after day of painful and tiring labor left Nailer's father a drunk and addict, and Nailer rarely goes home, living in fear of being beaten. All of this changes when he and Pima come across a wrecked clipper ship. A ship full of riches with enough worth to get them off the island. But the most important object is a single girl.
       I really enjoyed Ship Breaker. I feel like the characters were well written and the plot was continuously interesting, though there were some confusing points. When there was a lot of action going on I felt like the author sometimes left out pieces of the story, making it make less sense. Besides this though, I feel like the story line was unique and the characters were interesting to learn about. I would recommend this book to people who like dystopian fiction and action.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for visiting my blog!