Thursday, January 15, 2015

SOL - Just The Way The Game Works

       You see, I’m not one of those people who races up the field with the ball. I leave that for midfield and offense. Me? I'm defense. The sweeper to be precise. Or is it the stopper... I don't know. Either way, I'm one and Kendal is the other. Kendal is so much better than I am, so I usually leave the long distance kicks for her. I only do the long kicks if I have the ball and time. Usually I only have one of those things, so I set Kendal up to do the kick. She, like she usually does, kicks it over half the length of the field up to the offense players, which usually end up being Sarah and Annabel. They take it the rest of the way and either have it stolen, miss the goal, or make the goal.
       Then we do it again. We all retreat to our sides, do kick off, and either we or the other team gain a point. Along the way the ball usually goes out a few times, we do throw ins, corner kicks, and, if the game is really exciting, someone might get a foul. It really is tiring. We have to run up and down the field guarding our players or trying to get open for a pass. Even with all that sometimes we don't get the point. It's pretty simple if you know what you're looking at. Like for me. When I look at it, it's just the way the game works.
photo credit: *impalaark via photopin cc

5 comments:

  1. I really love how you describe the different positions!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Sophie, nice job. I loved your post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I like the way you did the intro--it just jumped right in. Nice slice!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seems like I can hear your voice, Selah. Good style!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I totally agree with Linda. This is so you, Selah!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!