Thursday, January 8, 2015

Shattered By Teri Terry

       Kyla is complicated. She is running from her past, away from the government and the Anti-Government Terrorists who fractured her personality. In hopes of finding out about her pre-Slated life she goes to live with her birth mother, who runs a home for under 21 girls. Hoping to slip under the radar, Kyla takes on a new identity: Riley Kain. Under this new name she tries to live a normal life, but quickly realizes that the ever present Lorders aren't about to let that happen for anybody.
       Shattered is the third book in the Slated trilogy, and is a confusing conclusion to the series. Although I enjoyed it, as the author introduced more characters and secrets I found it hard to keep up with. I feel like some of the characters, like Kyla/Riley, were a bit complicated and not as realistic as they could have been, though they were all interesting. There is a lot of action in this book, which I enjoyed. The end of the book left a lot of loose ends and left me wanting more, which I feel wasn't a good conclusion to the end of the series.
       Overall, I really enjoyed this book and would recommend it to people who like dystopian fiction and action.

6 comments:

  1. Great Job! . I like how you introduced the book after the summary.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked how you summarised the book.

    -SGC

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sure!!! sorry about posting a comment in the reply section, I have figured it out now!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That looks really good! I think your review tells us all we need to know about the book without feeling to long.

    ReplyDelete
  5. The Slated trilogy sounds pretty good.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!