Tuesday, February 24, 2015

The Nine Lives of Chloe King By Liz Braswell

       Chloe King has turned 16 and is changing. Not the typical kind of changes, but weird, out of the ordinary changes. Like claws. Oh, and the reflexes and the night vision and the agility and stamina and homicide attempts. From the guy with the knifes and ninja stars and fighting skills and persistence. And then there are Alyec, Chloe's hot Russian boyfriend, and Brian, her other hot mysterious "boyfriend." Yeah, they're pretty important too. And then there are the actual homicide attempts. There's the one where Chloe and her two best friends are walking a long the Golden Gate Bridge and the Rogue shows up, as well as Brian and Alyec. Well, it's complicated.
       I got a little under half way through the book this time, and it was definitely different than  when I started it. There was a lot more action, which I enjoyed, though at some points it seemed to be geared for people a bit older than me. It was descriptive and well written, and gave great insight into Chloe's mind. I'm definitely enjoying this book, and would recommend it to people, maybe even older than me, who like action.

·         

2 comments:

Thanks for visiting my blog!