Wednesday, February 4, 2015

SOL - Looking From The Outside

       Music. It's a form of transportation. I can sit at my desk and watch people, tuning out the world's issues with the blast of a note. God this year's been rough. When I sit and watch, I feel like I'm doing just that. Watching. It could be a movie. Or a book. Or anything else, really. And I don't have to be a part of anything important, or be a crucial part of any ones day. Except, apparently, Adam's. He seems to need to "meet" with me about 4 times a day. These "meetings" are mostly a one way conversation where he asks the questions and I say things like yep and OK. It's a waste of time, like most of my life seems to be right now. I'm mad at school. I'm mad at home, because of school. I don't do my work, and I know that. But sitting here, blocking out the world, I can think. I have this story in my head. It's complicated and elaborate, and never seems to totally be there, but it comes to me when I try to think. Or let my mind wander. Or stare out a window. It's here now, and I just think about it. Think about it while I look from the outside
.
http://www.iwallhd.com/wallpaper/1680x1050/wallpaper-headphones-abstract-music-wallpapers-ibackgroundz.html

5 comments:

  1. Your slice is incredible. I liked how you let the readers into your mind at that particular moment. Your ending was great. I also enjoyed the topic of your slice.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I liked how you described the time with Adam. I think everyone (or at least me) was unhappy and bored by the work we got during that time.

    -Jonah

    ReplyDelete
  3. I totally agree. But Adam wasn't all bad, though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a really good slice. I think many of us can relate to that.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great slice, Selah. Nice to see you get some things off your chest.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!