Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Trip Books

       Between May 5th and 14th I didn't have much time to read outside of the plane flights and bus rides. Despite this, I finished Red Queen and got a bit further in The Scorch Trials. The conclusion to Red Queen was extremely unsatisfying and set the story up for a sequel. The main characters barely make it out of the conflict and away to their fellow Scarlet Guard members. The worst part is that Red Queen came out this year, so I will have to wait for at least another year for the next novel in the series.
       The Scorch Trials is not as interesting as The Maze Runner, the first book in the series, though it has gotten more gripping and much more has happened. Thomas and most of the Gladers have almost made it to the end of the Scorch, where they have been promised a cure. Some new characters have been introduced and are interesting, but the author hasn't provided as much background as I would like. I am hoping that the third book in the series is also interesting and the end of The Scorch Trials gives more information about everything going on.

3 comments:

  1. I really liked the maze runner and thought about reading the scorch trials, but I never did.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is hard to read a book that appears to be the first, and then have to wait. I hope to read Red Queen this summer! Thanks for giving your opinion on these, Selah!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your reviews really gave me a sense of what the books were about. They both sound pretty good. Nice Book Blog!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for visiting my blog!